Monday 11 August 2008

The good life

I am definitely having a mid life crisis - I found myself chatting to a friend last night while making damson cheese, as we had a glut of damsons and I'd already made over a kilo of damson jam last week! I prowl my vegetable plot and inspect each and every specimen - I have a couple of ridge cucumbers, several courgettes, peas, aubergines, chard, carrots and lettuce that are all doing well. Harvesting should begin soon, although the amount of damsons I've had to deal with have kept me busy! So I have decided that this year all my Christmas gifts are going to be home made - I have already got the jams and cheeses ready and labelled and have made a list of other jams, jellies and chutneys that I'm going to make. So everyone will receive at least one foodie gift.

I've also thought long and hard about my knitting and crocheting, and have decided to try and make some pocket money selling my crafted items. So I've set up a blog that will showcase some of my creations and eventually help me sell some of my items - come and have a look and let me know what you think. I've called it "Made for you, by Shamu" and have already comissioned some address labels and business cards. My friend Vic, who has set up her new web based yarn selling business, Cafe Knit, has a stall at Queen's Park Day and I've offered to go along to help out. In return, she's going to let me put some of my wares on show for sale - so if I don't update my blogs much over the next month it's because I'm so busy knitting!

No comments: